Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It Rained on My Parade

Oh I am going to wail... I was so looking forward to getting my promotion cert from my fave minister, but I didn't. Sob :(

I told everyone who asked me what the occasion was today (because I wore a sari to work) that it was for "my 5 seconds with Tharman", but oh disappointment of disappointments, I got my cert from MOS. I would have consoled myself that Minister was only going to give the certs to the higher ranks - you know, the SEO1A2s and all the Superscale officers - but Minister was invited to give out the certs halfway through the SEO1A1s! There was the discernible sound of a groan from our rows when we SEO1A1s realised that we had just missed out because of the infernal alphabet system. So funny! A consolation for me that I wasn't the only sad fan.

Other than that, I had a good time. Exercised GREAT restraint in staying away from the food - except for 2 teeny weeny cakes... Met quite a number of friends from the schools. Oh the biggest surprise was Wai Yin who didn't tell me she was promoted too! She breathes more rarified air now btw, because she has made it into the super scale league ;) I didn't stay long at the reception though, as I had developed a massive headache + more importantly, my ride home was leaving.

Sigh... I should have stayed in MI - I would have gotten my cert from Minister then. Foiled by the alphabet! :)



The distinguished looking lady in grey is my Big Boss, the Director and the lady in black & white is Carol, my much loved ex-boss. The others are all my colleagues - Cedric in green, Michael in red stripes, Vasundhra is the other one in a sari - she is D's cousin actually. The pretty tall lady is Lucy - the one who offered to let you have her flat & car, Maya. Hope you meet her when she is in London.

No comments: