Sunday, April 29, 2012

In Christ Alone

I am loved by God. He met me when I was dispirited yesterday and reminded me that His eye is on me. And my heart is full today, remembering how He uplifted me through the worship songs at the Saturday Evening Service and chided me through Joshua's sermon.

Joshua preached on Matt 14:22-33.  It was a sermon that met a deep need in me for reassurance and comfort. Using the story of faltering Peter, Joshua outlined how we could have faith - (i) Recognise His voice and ability; (ii) Risk in response to His call; (iii) Retain my focus on Him; (iv) Rely on His rescuing hand.

And God reminded me that like Peter I had taken my eyes off God and was looking at the wind and waves of renovation costs and aching knee. He reminded me that when His eye is even on the sparrow, would He take His eye off me, His beloved one, created in His image and ransomed with the blood of His Son? He asked me, can not the One who enabled ordinary men to feed 5000, enable me to pay bills? Surely the One who enabled Peter to walk on water, can heal my knee? And Jesus chided me, "Dear child of little faith, why do you doubt?"

So I trust.

"In every victory, let it be said of me
My source of strength,
My source of hope
Is Christ alone."

No comments: