Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sometimes I Think I'm in a Sitcom

I spoke too soon. Last night, I felt things had settled and in smooth gear. This morning, as I was preparing to leave for office, I turned on the washing machine. 20 minutes later when I went to wash my coffee cup, I realised to my horror that I had not checked if the outlet hose had been placed in the draining pipe and that a pool of dirty water was quietly collecting on the kitchen floor! As I hurried to find towels to mop the mess up, the inlet hose fixed to the tap gave way and water started spraying every which way! It looked like a scene out of a sitcom but there was no laugh track.  Result: a pile of wet laundry left in the machine, soggy towels left in a heap on the window sill, a slippery soapy floor that I hope neither J nor C slip on, and a disgruntled snappy Vara who was half an hour late for work today. Sigh. Worse than being angry with someone is being angry with your own stupidity :)

No comments: