Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dark Mutterings

Crotchety. I like that word. It sounds cross, twisted and scratchy. And it describes my mood today. 

I am crotchety because it poured this morning and I had wet shoes the whole day. Because I had to attend a half day seminar to listen to 2 speakers who didn't give me anything to think about. Because I saw a huge advertisement for a deodorant called "Do:More" and the use of that colon irritated me. Because a mother let her toddler cross a road without holding her hand just because the toddler wouldn't. Because I had left booking a flight too late and paid $180.00 more than I need have.

I fear I'm going to become one of those crotchety old ladies who push people out of their way, mutter under their breath, hit offending elbows and glower. Oh Lord, help me be a nicer person tomorrow.

No comments: