Friday, September 03, 2010

Teachers' Day

It was Teachers' Day on 1 Sept. It is a school holiday and traditionally on the day before, all schools have a half day of celebrations. I have missed Teachers' Day every year since I left teaching. I suppose it is because my love language is 'Words of Affirmation', but I have saved every card that my students have given me, all stuffed in folders. The first few years in my new job, I used to take out these cards on Teachers' Day, just to assure myself that I had done somethings right :)

I had a very nice Teachers' Day this year, thanks to Facebook & sms technology because I heard from many students, all over the world :) I guess it is far easier to connect with me from the ease of their homes now. I also had a dedication in The Straits Times and that was sweet. I guess all these wishes were extra special to me because of my rotten year . My self esteem was feeling quite bashed up and bedraggled so I feel blessed that my students bothered to write. Just needed to feel some love :)

I spent the day determined not to work. I had a nice long QT. I pampered myself with a visit to House where I had a long luxurious massage then got waxed and my nails done. I had CYAN in the evening so I got to worship and there was prayer for all the teachers so that made me feel the day was nicely wrapped up. Love from others, love for self and love from my God.

1 comment:

jennani said...

Yay!!! I am so happy you had a lovely day :) You deserve it. Love you!