Friday, November 14, 2008

Older and Rounder...

Well, the birthday did seem a little tame at first after all the excitement of last year.... But I definitely ate more this birthday than last, thanks to all those who took me out for birthday meals. And it seemed like I was celebrating my birthday over a few days as the celebrations started on the Wed before my birthday and ended on the Tues after my birthday! Here is a pictorial journey through all the meals eaten and cake indulged in....

The first was dinner with my young adults cell group from church on Wednesday, 2 days before my birthday. We went to Crystal Jade in Holland Village to eat hand-made noodles and the first of many cakes. It was a lovely chocolate cake.


And then on Thurs I had a lovely surprise - these lovely roses J and R sent me.... thank you darlings. :) Did you know they are my favourite flowers?



Then on my birthday, WY sent me this indulgent picnic hamper and flowers. I especially liked getting a delivery at the office.... of course everyone just assumed it was D who sent it. Hahaha.


Dot, Flo and Angie took me out to lunch at Rocky Master, and drat I forgot to take a photo. Chocolate cake again :) In the evening, it was dinner with Durai at Amici in Holland Village. His sister and bro-in-law joined us for dinner - Italian food with yummy tiramisu for dessert.





The next day, Saturday, it was a Mexican lunch at Cha Cha Cha with Sham and Mini, with a sinful Kahlua chocolate mousse for dessert.... mmmm...



In the evening, we went over to D's sister's place for dinner and the in-laws had a cake for me too... more chocolate. Sadly, sadly, by this time I was really beginning to have enough of chocolate. I really MUST be getting old :)



Sunday was a quiet day and on Monday we had a birthday celebration at the office after all the PW people came back from their external work. Tiramisu!!!





In the evening, it was dinner at Swenson's with friends who have to remain mysteriously anonymous as it is crucial that their identity be protected :) No cake this time but ice-cream!!!

And then stuffed with all that food and cake, the festivities finally came to an end on Tuesday with Thai food with Johnson and Yvonne!



Looking at all these photos I swear I can just see myself growing fatter and fatter from the pic taken on my birthday to the pic at Thai Express!!! Yikes!!! Time to hit the gym and that 4-letter word!!!!

1 comment:

myz said...

you are so blessed my dear aunt! truly you have people who care xxx