Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Mood Piece

Is it just me or do other people get melancholic towards the end of a year too? Well, melancholic, reflective, you know the kind of feeling that leaves you feeling a little sad, but not weepy or bawl-your-eyes out kind of sad. I have had my mid-life crisis so I know it's not that :) But the weather also turns wet and grey at this time of the year and then I begin to mentally tote up the year into my pluses and my minuses and me being me of course my minuses seem to outweigh my pluses... It's at times like this that I wish God would give me a peek into the next year :) But even as I write this I am reminded of someone who told me a few months ago that she did not think there was anything for her to look forward to. She only saw for herself an escalation of problems with little end in sight. I felt sad then and I feel sad now thinking of what she said. But melancholic though I am now I have a quiet peace inside me that my tomorrows are in God's hands. I may chafe now, I am restless, wanting I know not what. But I also know that despite all the ways I have messed up my life, despite all the wrong choices I have made and all the times I have failed to live up to His expecatations, God has forgiven me, God loves me and even if every friend I depend on leaves me, He will not let me go.

No comments: