Sunday, September 09, 2007

Update

I've been busy with a lot of activities these past two weeks. Finding time to blog has become a luxury. But I have had a good lazy Sunday today. The day began badly because I dragged myself out of bed at 5.45am to go for the Shape run with my friend Dorothy, got ready to leave at 6.20am and discovered I had no shoes because I had left them in the office. It was frustrating. I tried another pair of shoes and left but by thetime I reached the bus-stop I knew I couldn't do 5km in those shoes so came back. Sigh... waste of a nice potential Sunday lie-in :)
But things got better - had a leisurely breakfast & read the newspapers; went to church, cooked lunch and had a loooong nap in the afternoon. Bliss! :)
I've been busy planning the China trip. It's getting really close. The deposit has been paid and am waiting for the NATAS fair to see if I can get a good deal on the airfare. After drawing up very ambitious itineraries, I have come to settle for a more sane itinerary that will mean we see mostly touristy sights and not the 'nice-to-see's. So we are flying to Beijing on 18 Oct to see the Graet Wall. Tianemen Square, Forbidden City etc; then to X'ian to see the Terracotta Warriors; then a luxury cruise down the Yangtze; and then Shanghai and back home on 29 Oct.
I've been warned over and over by my friends who know how fussy I am, that I'm going to hate the food. And Rita just came back from Hong Kong saying she hated the food, so I'm kind of wary about that. Chinese cuisine has never been my favourite so I'm quite worried. But I have decided that I'm going to take things as they come and trust God to work all things out.
I'm going to go over to Maya's place now where my birthday bash planning committee is meeting :) More on that later!

No comments: