Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Contemplating Retirement

Exactly one month from now, on 8 June 2018, I would go to office for the last time. I will then take 3 weeks of leave and retire on 30 June 2018.

I had always imagined retiring from school, as a teacher. But I have made choices and I no longer have students. I am at what MOE describes as "the pinnacle of the teaching track" - I am a Principal Master Teacher. Retirement is not the bittersweet event I had thought it would be. I am actually looking forward to leaving the office behind.

What will I do after I retire? THE question that almost everyone has asked. I don't have a concrete answer, except that I need to contemplate. Contemplate where God is leading me to, contemplate how  I can be fruitful, contemplate who I want to re-invent myself to be in the next season.

No comments: