Monday, July 13, 2009

In London

Yay! Praise God that I made it to London! Right till I went for my review on Tues I wasn't sure if this was going to happen. I was anxious but prepared in a corner of my heart to give up the London trip if the neurologist had not cleared me for travel. But the review went very well! And the doc said that I had recovered around 70 - 75% strength of the facial muscles. And right now the little lop-sidedness is not even noticeable! God is my Healer.
So my daughters and I are in London now, having a really blessed time so far. We arrived on Friday 10 Jul and last night we celebrated my sister Su's 60th birthday. She had hired a small hall and had a DJ to play music. Her friends did all the cooking and even baked the cake for her. The music was different from my 50th, of course. Where mine was predominantly Indian in 'feel', my sister's do had a West Indian 'feel' to it, largely due to her friends being mainly from Trinidad / Jamaica / Barbados etc. So it was reggae night with a congo line instead of the mad Indian dances I had :) It was nice to get back with my sisters again, though this time there were just 5 out of the 8 of us.
Been hanging out at my niece M's most of the time. We had a nice day out today to recover from the tiredness of last night. We went to church, and as the weather was lovely, we went to Parliament Hill Park where we played 'It' and 'Duck, Duck, Goose' and 'What is the time Mr Wolf' to keep my grand-nephew entertained and to give oursleves permission to eat a lot under the guise of having exercised a lot :) We then drove down to the Thames and had a very nice lunch at Giraffe's.
It's begining to feel a lot more like a holiday, now. Tomorrow we are going to take a day trip to Bath now that J has a greater appreciation for all things Austen. Tues we are going to spend the day in the city and probably get some shopping done before we meet for my niece Charllyn's graduation dinner party. Then Thurs, most excitingly, M has booked us for a 3D2N trip to Paris! This is something I am really looking forward to as I have wanted to go to Europe for soooo long - since my undergrad days actually - and I am excited. We come back from Paris on Sat and then it is my niece Vidya's wedding next Mon and then all the excitement winds down and we leave for Singapore (and work) next Tues. Right now, I don't want to think about that. Right now I am just going to focus on my trip to Stonehenge and Bath tomorrow.

No comments: