Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another Birthday Party

Jennani celebrated her 21st birthday again on 10 Aug with her friends. By all accounts, the young people had a good time. I am assuming Jen will be giving the details in her blog so not too many details here…

Maya booked the Karaoke room at her condo for the party & we catered food from Jaggi’s. I was exhausted organizing it on the day itself as all those I had assumed would be around to help had something or other come up. So yes, it was tiring. But it made me happy to see everyone enjoying themselves and Jen looked so happy that it was worth it. A lot of the success was due to Maya’s great idea to have a “Murder Mystery’ game during the party & I must say it was lovely to see all the guests playing along and coming dressed according to their character. For the uninitiated (that included me right until the night of the party), the game can be bought online and comes with clues, character profiles, clues etc and the objective is to get everyone to mix as they try to solve the mystery, identify the killer and his/her motive. The one we selected was called – “Death By Chocolate’!!! Hahaha. What else would WE choose??? :)

I ordered a chocolate cheesecake from 7th Manna (again) and it was mmmmm. Big mistake to have taken it out of the fridge too early so it was kind of soft in the middle, but nevertheless delicious. Highly recommended! We ate the slices that I had kept aside for Maya the next day and the cake was gooood. Oh and we had a chocolate fondue – to go with the theme, of course. Again, a bit of a mistake not to have read the manual before the party because it turned out there must be quite a lot of melted chocolate in the basin for the fondue to function effectively. Plus the power points were placed in a really awkward position in the room so we couldn’t put the fondue on the center of the table. Nevertheless it was fun.

So... my eldest baby is 21 now. Can't really put my finger on how that makes me feel. Sometimes, I find it hard to believe, sometimes I feel I can worry less because the worrying adolescent years are over & sometimes I just feel nostalgic! I guess the emotions will sort themselves out :)





1 comment:

Mystery Maiden said...

Sounds like a blast! Yeah, the murder mystery games are fun, eh? Mmmmmmm fondue. The last time I had fondue was at my sister's and she told me it was fat free, so I went crazy! Sneaky sister.

:)
Mystery
www.shotinthedarkmysteries.com