Friday, October 07, 2005

The Meaning of my Blog Title

Ok so my more blog-savvy student tells me that it is customary to explain the name of my blog. And hey, of course I must do whatever must be done...

I feel drawn to 2 things in nature - trees and the sea. And i was really torn between the 2 images. But then i remembered that some of my fave quotes were abt trees.

  • When i think about God's plans for me I remember Ps 1:3 - that i will be nourished by the waters that God sends to pass over my roots, that i must do God's work in the proper season when it is requird of me & God's promise that i will not wither (Aagh..!)
  • When i feel frustrated as a teacher i remember that i am called "to plant trees under whose shade i should not hope to rest".
  • when i face tough times, i pray that i will be serene and rest in the Lord (though this is my weak point, really - I am more likely to obsess abt it, call all my friends to complain, cry a lot etc...) and read this verse that hangs in my office cubicle

" May I find serenity

in sun and shadow.

May I bend

with the winds of adversity

yet never break.

May I grow

through all the seasons

of my life

in dignity and grace.

May I reach ever upward

toward the stars."

- Emily Ashton Tipton

So, that's why my blog is called what it is !

2 comments:

jennani said...

hi mommy! i am so proud of you! you set up this blog all by yourself?? and it even looks really nice! and i love it :) thank you for explaining why your blog is called what it is, haha. tree by the stream! i love it.

which student is this and does this student read the blog now too? haha. i miss you, you are still calling on fri even though you called twice this week right??
cos i'll be awayyyy on my retreat over the weekend!

love you:) it has started to rain, oh no. this has never happened at night before.

jennani said...

is it time for an update? and tell me when your blog is ready to be viewed and i will link you and all my friends can benefit from your wisdom as well! haha. btw, check out ning's comment on my blog, it's regarding you!