Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Going to London

Today I got my confirmed itinerary for my trip to London. I should be excited about going for training there, considering how I would never have got the chance if I were still teaching. But I am not. And that's because I hate the cold. Cold weather makes me depressed. I can't think, it's an effort to smile and all I want to do is eat and keep warm and go home. So how I am going to survive 2 weeks of winter I do not know.
I also don't know whether to share accommodation with my colleague or not. One the one hand, it might be company but what I am afraid of is that it will be such an effort to have to smile and be friendly because I know I will not feel like it. I would prefer to turn the heater on and stay in my room. The other thing is the accommodation itself. I don't want to stay in a B&B or a hotel because I will go crazy if I had only 1 room in which I had to stay for 2 weeks. At least with an apartment, there will be a living room that I could come out into and walk around. But the apartments cost more and I will have to pay for the extra out of my dwindling pocket so....

Ah well... this is another case of having to let go and let God. I am sure He will show me a place to stay & keep me in good spirits. I will focus on the exciting things like getting to see Rohan again & getting to see Cambridge & maybe do some shopping?

1 comment:

jennani said...

nice, a post and you changed the blog's URL! excellent:)

and yes i feel you ): i am scared of the impending cold too but a little excited too in an almost masochistic way. do you have to stay in Cambridge the whole time? can you stay with maya akka a couple of days?

and yay for shopping and ROHAN THE CUTEST BABY ALIVE.

when is the point at which people are allowed to come read your blog mommy?