Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where To?

I think it's time to move on from where I think I have been serving in church. I've been with the young adults in my church for more than 6 years now and I honestly don't know what I'm doing there. I asked to be with the young adults because I missed being around young people so much after I left teaching. But year after year has passed and I keep turning up on Wed nights, but I don't know what it is that I am supposed to be doing. This sense of frustration has been growing steadily in me. Once, no matter how hard pressed I was, I would put aside work and turn up for the prayer and cell time. Nowadays, when work pressure mounts up, I ask myself whether it is going to make a difference if I go, and the answer to me always seems to be, no. So I stay back in office or take the work home. I seriously wonder if I should volunteer with one of the many organisations that need befrienders instead. Or give tuition. Or join an adult cell. Or take up a course...

No comments: