Saturday, June 11, 2011

Me-time

J and I make a terrible mom & daughter team moaning about work almost every day! Sometimes I think I should set a better example, but I'm afraid I don't. When she moans about work, I confess I can only empathise. 

But I have been feeling a great deal more cheerful today than I have felt in a long time and I was wondering why... And I realise what has made me happier is the fact that I worked only half days for the last 2 days, conducted a seminar for JC students on Fri morning and had 2 unloading sessions with 2 dear friends - one via email and the other over dinner. 

So that's it. The confluence of factors that keep me even-keeled - space, students and friends. Perhaps what I need to do then is to find ways of finding these pursuits of pleasure within my current work? Easier said than done. 

Nevertheless this is the here and now and I will enjoy it. I've had an hour at the gym & the laundry is done. I have bought myself a green tea frappuchino and a roast chicken wrap. My iPad is powered up and the latest copy of 'O' awaits in all its digital glory. Finally, this is me-time. The speech I have to write for our Guest-of-Honour can wait.

No comments: