Monday, April 11, 2011

Blues

I fear this is the year my blog will die. Not because I am tired of writing in it but because my world has shrunk and become less rich. The change in my job is not suiting me well. I feel like a fish taken from the sea and put in a fish-bowl. Like a wanderer told to walk in a straight line. And my evenings and weekends are no longer mine alone.

I am so dispirited I have even begun to wonder if there might be some truth in horoscopes. I used to be an avid reader of horoscopes before I became a Christian but not since. But over the Chinese New Year,  almost every magazine I picked up had predictions for the Rooster in this Rabbit year and I confess I peeked. And all 3 predictions I read said the same thing - that this will be a difficult year for me career-wise. And so far, I must say, it has been just that.

What I thought was settling-in blues seems to be lasting far too long. Surely, surely, Lord, there must be more to work than this?

No comments: