Tuesday, May 22, 2007

TESOL is Over!!!

Oh jubilations! My Saturday afternoons are mine again! Nap time!! Oh how I have missed my afternoon naps :) I must admit that though I was eager when I started the TESOL classes, going every Saturday afternoon became rather tedious after a while and I was waiting to graduate. But strangely, there is also a part of me that misses the Sat afternoon classes especially the fun we had. No matter what, there is a freedom that comes from being a student that you never experience in any other aspect of life. And I must say that Sauda, our teacher, was a gem. She is so very patient and has a lovely sense of humour. And oh I will miss Colin and Aileen - the 2 who began the class with me.
It has been a long course - we started in Oct 2006, and of the 6 who began this course, only 3 of us have stuck with it. Along the way we were joined by others for single modules and that way we have met a number of people, but it's been the 3 of us to the end :) So we had 2 practical lessons - one a mock for peer-critique and a final practical exam. And now we wait for the results - to be expected in 8 to 10 weeks' time. One part of me wants to take a break and chill - will probably do that while Jen is here anyway. Another part of me is already thinking - hmmm.. what next? A number of options really - maybe I will learn to drive, maybe I will do a Bible Study course or maybe I will sign up with the Samaritans of Singapore to man the suicide hotline. I do, however, have another course starting on 24 May - this is work-related and it is called 'Teaching for Understanding'. It is an online course conducted by Harvard Uni so maybe I should just lay off other courses and focus on that. Let's see.

Anyway, here are photos of the people I have hung out with for the past 5 months of Saturday afternoons! I kinda miss them.




No comments: