Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lazy Saturdays

I have come to look forward to Saturdays. They are days when I don't have to do anything. No one is at home except me. I read. I talk to God. I surf the net. I nap. I am at peace. There is no to-do list, no expectations and the promise of another day tomorrow before I have to go to work again. It was even better last week when I had Friday off. What bliss!

All this contentment makes me wonder whether I am enjoying my work. My favourite section in the newspaper is the travel section every Tuesday & every day I look at the tours listed in the Classified Ads - and imagine the places I could travel to... I spend quite some time at work thinking about when I can apply for leave again. I just seem to crave a quieter life, a life when I can just be. Of course the harsh reality is that if not for my work (and the salary that brings) I would not be able to have the leisure I am enjoying..... Hah!

An ideal Saturday for me would begin with a long walk in Botanical Gardens. A good long shower followed by a nice latte and toast & the newspapers. Then more coffee and my quiet time. Then a soothing massage followed by a cup of ginger tea before a light salad - to balance all that caffeine I've already poured into my system :). Then home to a blissful nap.If I could then watch a really good movie and have dinner out, it would be a perfect day!!!

One of these Saturdays I'm going to plan this perfect day out for myself.

1 comment:

jennani said...

maybe that Saturday will include ME.

i love you!