Saturday, March 25, 2006

Honest Talking

I am feeling a bit sad now. These past 2 days I have felt a lot of hurt in the people around me - because of things that were said and because they did not listen to the things left unsaid. I have listened to the silent assumptions and the words that came out based on those assumptions. And I am reminded of how fragile we all are. So vulnerable to hurt and all that we say and do to protect those little fragile selves. And I am reminded of that old song, 'The Sound of Silence':
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
Lord, show me what I must say or do. I want to disturb the sound of silence.

5 comments:

jennani said...

i miss you!!!!!!!


:(


call me soon!

jennani said...

ummmm... update.

Jen said...

Hi there!

I don't know if you update anymore and I don't know if you remember me but I just wanted to pop in and say HI! I hope you cheered up. (:

Jen said...

Hi Vara,

I'm glad you're feeling better now! Thank you so much for giving me your e-mail. It's really a big help. (jennilyn29@hotmail.com) I've actually felt better now. Just a few downs here and there but that's about it =). It's great to hear back from you again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.