Monday, December 05, 2005

Giving Thanks

Today another child was added to my Father's Household. Maya accepted Christ today and it gives me great joy. It is a prayer answered, it is a jigsaw that fell into place, a promise kept. What is it that makes me word-less at those times that my heart is full of joy? It has been a struggle, there has been so much pain, yet I have known with such surety in my heart from the first time I prayed that God was going to come into this home and build it again. The verse that God gave me then was that this home was built on sand and nothing that was not built on God the Rock can stand. And that has been my prayer - that God will re-build this household on the Rock, that He will be the centre of all relationships here. How many times I have doubted You, Father. How many times it seemed like the end? How many times did I ask - did I hear God right? But You are faithful and what You promised has come to pass and I stand in awe of You.

And I know the battle will begin. But You will triumph. For You alone are God.

1 comment:

jennani said...

Awesome! I am as speechless. And in awe!